- Field trips to the Main Library develop that early love for the library. Age-appropriate tours are available. Your children might be surprised to find out there are more than books at their library! Call to schedule (248-232-2250).
- Outreach visits to your classroom or facility within West Bloomfield or contract communities are available. To schedule an outreach visit call the Youth Services Department. (248-232-2250). Outreach visits include an interactive storytime with books, songs, fingerplays and movement while promoting early literacy skills to your students.
- Set an example for your students and become a patron with a Teacher Library Card. There are amazing benefits to having a Teacher Library Card. Teacher card information:
- A Teacher Card is an annual library card, good from September-August (re-apply every year)
- Check out materials for classroom use (Limit of 50)
- Place holds or interlibrary holds for classroom materials.
- Teachers can email or call in advance to have selected items put on hold for classroom use. (theme related books, non-fiction or classroom favorites are always good for holds)
- The library compiles booklists to support all domains of development at the appropriate age. They are: 60 Books for Babies; 75 Best Books for Young Children; Counting the Days 'til Kindergarten; 100 Books to Read in Kindergarten; 100 More Books! These are available to all West Bloomfield learning environments.